Monday, February 14, 2011

Jamie's Letter Feb 14, 2011

Hello my dearest familia!
¿Como estan?
¡Bien!

And Happy Valentines Day too. I love you all so so much!
Life here is good. I officially finished my first transfer yesterday. I'm not the youngest in the mission anymore! It's crazy to think that 6 weeks have already flown by. The days go by so so fast here. I have a lot of work to do, and not much time to do it. I'm staying here in Monsefu with Hermana Lopez for now. I didn't think I would get changed my first transfer, and I didn't. I'm glad. I love our investigators here, and Hna Lopez really is amazing. I'm going to be so sad when we do have to change. But for now, I will enjoy having an awesome companion.

As far as mail goes, I got a couple of dearelders from Ilarene and Laura, a letter/pictures from Wendi Christensen, and the Christmas card from Amber and Jason. It's been good though. I'm really glad that we have the time every week to email, so I know what all is going on (more or less) in your lives :)

This week has been pretty normal. We had the baptismal interviews for our family (Feliberto and Kelly) on Saturday, in hopes that they would be baptized on Sunday. Our district leader spent an hour with Hno Feliberto. Afterwards, Elder Torrez told us that he is totally ready to baptized...except that he wants to learn more. We were kind of bummed about that, but we're going to keep working with them. I am know they are going to be baptized...I'm just not sure when. I think Hno Feliberto is scared that after he is baptized he'll mess up big time or something. We talked some about repentance and the wonderful gift that that is in this time. We also are having to work some with his wife, Hna Kelly. She likes church, and feeling good, but I don't think she is too excited to change her traditions. Tradition is a huge thing here. You are Catholic because everyone in your entire family is Catholic and it is so hard to change something for the better. But that's just one of the trials of this area. Anywho, I think she will be baptized with her husband. He has such a desire to follow the commandments of God, and we're hoping that he can help Hna Kelly feel more of that. I really am hoping though that I'll be able to send you pictures of their baptism soon!

We also have a couple of other investigators come to church on Sunday that we're working with. A lot of girls in Young Womens. But we're hoping to be able to teach their families too. Because I really want people to be able to experience the blessings that come from having a family that has been to the temple. I love showing pictures of you to my investigators. It's the best! I love being able to explain about the power of having a family that have all made the decision to be baptized and follow Jesus Christ. It really is great.

We have our stake conference this Sunday. I'm excited for it, even though it will all be in Spanish. My Spanish is progressing. We were talking to Elder Wilding today, and he said that he was really impressed with my Spanish after only 6 weeks in the mission. I know that the Lord is helping me. I'm still working to understand everyone, but it will come with time.

Well, I'm just about out of time. But I want you to know that I love you so much, and that I am praying for you. I'm am loving life as a missionary more and more each day. It's amazing how quickly time flies by when you dedicate everything you have to the Lord. I know this is the Lord's work. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that Pres Monson is a prophet today. Thank you for all of your prayers for me and Cameron. I love you!
Hna Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment