Friday, December 17, 2010

Jamie's Letter Dec 17, 2010

Hello!!

So this week definitely has been an improvement from last week! I am now working a lot closer with the elders. I have companionship study with them, and I'm teaching with elders now...are you confused yet?

So in the inner most turmoil of my heart last week (okay, not really-that just sounds fun/dramatic to say), I forgot to mention the fact that my companions (hnas morlock y nielsen) were scheduled to fly out on the 14th to the Peru MTC. We weren't sure if they were going to or not, because of visas and everything, but they did! And...who is left? Hermana Williams, the only hermana left in district 22C. So since then, I have become what's called a "solo sister" here in the MTC. What this basically means is that I don't really have a companion. I moved rooms (again) so now I am in a room with sisters in our zone that came in 2 weeks ago. When I'm in class, I do companionship study/teach/pretty much anything else we do in class, with Elder Wolfe & Elder Harris. They, essentially, act as my companions, although technically, a companion is always a sister (in my case-since I AM an hermana). I pretty much spend the whole day with my elders, but then at night I walk back to my room with the Hermanas that I'm in the room with. Basically I just have to make sure that I'm not alone. It feels kind of weird, not having a girl with me all the time. And sometimes I feel like I'm being "babysat"-only because I have to coordinate with different companionships when I'm going to be with them, and when my elders need to pick me up or drop me off. It's been fun though!

I have had a really unique experience here in the MTC. I started off like most people do-I had one companion. We shared a room, life was great. Then my companion left to Peru, and then I got stuck in a trio. I moved into their room, life was great. After that, my companions left to go to Peru, and now I'm alone. I've had all possible different companion experiences that I can have here in the MTC.

I really am so excited to be a solo sister. I get to work with the elders and help them in a way that I couldn't in any other situation. Elder Abbott got his tonsils out last Tuesday, and he has been struggling some-and I think I can be here to help him. I feel like I'm here now to help them. I think the Lord still needs me to be here in Provo. I did go to the travel office, and I asked them about my visa. They said that if it comes, they'll send me to the Peru MTC unless I only have a few days left in my training. I've decided that I don't want my visa to come just yet. Hey-if I'm here long enough I might get to see Cameron! I've told my district about Cameron and the fact that he's coming here. I'm so excited for him. Anywho, I don't know what is going to happen, but I honestly feel like I will be here for the next 2 weeks-ish or so.

Sorry this letter is kind of discombobulated. I have a bajillion thoughts going through my head at once. I love being a missionary. I love my district so much. I don't like thinking about the fact that none of them are going to my mission. It is so true that you love those that you serve. Elder Wolfe and Elder Harris have been so good to me too. I think they view me as an older sister, and they are very protective of me. Sometimes I forget that they are Cameron's age...but then Elder Harris starts talking about Star Wars legos at dinner and I remember quite quickly.

We taught in the TRC this past Wednesday. I taught with Elders Wolfe & Harris, and surprisingly enough, I felt like it was the best lesson I've taught while in a trio. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I finally go back to teaching with one hermana. My Spanish has been getting better too, because I feel like my elders speak in Spanish much more than the hermanas did. It was a pretty awesome experience.

Being here at the MTC during Christmas does have it's perks. On Sunday, we had the BYU Mens' Chorus come and do the fireside. It made me SO so so SO happy!!!! I didn't know anyone in the choir, but my heart was just so happy to hear music, and to remember BYU, and that it still exists! It was probably my favorite fireside so far. Music is just wonderful. It's amazing how music can heal the soul. Just a thought.

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well at home. My prayers will definitely be with Grandpa Williams and Uncle Cam. Prayer is amazing. There is so much power in prayer-I think it's something that I took for granted before coming on my mission. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve a mission. The gospel is amazing. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. What better way to celebrate Christmas than by serving him.

I love you all.
Hermana Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment