Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Jamie's Letter Dec 24th, 2010

Wow!! So I must say that I've had a pretty good week. We had our Christmas program on Sunday, which consisted of each distrcit (there are 4 of us) singing a Christmas song, and then having one person from each district share a scripture. And I played the piano for everyone. That was a lot of fun. My elders sang "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" and it was awesome! They just sang it out of the hymnbook (en espaƱol) and just sang the melody. But with the piano accompaniment, they sang so well. I love being able to share my talents with everyone. I'm so excited to share music with the people in Peru. Oh-and one of the Branch Presidency's wife's brought me some Christmas piano music, so that made me happy. One day after lunch, my elders and I went into an empty room where there was a piano and I played the piano while they studied. I just loved being able to play Christmas music. That's one thing that I miss about being home, is being able to play Christmas music other than what is in the hymnbook.

So on Wednesday, I received my travel plans. And I went to the travel office to see if these were for real, and they said that thay were!! So I'll leave SLC on Jan 5 at 11:00 am-ish, and I'll fly into Lima at pretty much midnight, Lima time. I'll spend the night in the Peru MTC there, and then the next day or so, I'll fly up to Piura (at least I think I'm flying...that's what I understood). I'm so excited to finally be able to start teaching real people!! So that was exciting enough as it was. Then, I had my district leader, Elder Wolfe, give me 2 package slips, saying that I had 2 packages. So I went to pick them up after dinner, and on our way there, he gave me 2 more. So I had 4 packages. Awesome! My hna comps and I took them back to our room. I opened up the first package, and there was this strange looking bag. I pulled it out, opened it up, and just about died! I cannot believe that you actually sent me Cafe Rio!!!!!! It definitely was the best food ever, and I probably helped make many missionaries jealous of me and my awesome mother. So basically, Mom, you're awesome, and I love you. Not just because you send me cafe rio in the MTC, but because you're just awesome. Don't worry, I shared with Hna Porter & Hna Young.

So I feel like a fun little ball in a pinball machine. Now, instead of working with Elds Wolfe & Harris, I'm now working with Elder Abbott & Hyer. I think this will be a good experience. I think they could use my help a little more. I kind of have a problem though, because to this point, I feel like I have taught my best lessons with the Elders...and I'm not going to be working with them. Oh well!! I've also become a better teacher too, I think. I'm glad that I am here. I know that wherever I am though, that it is the Lord that needs me there. I have no doubt in my mind that if I needed to be in Peru, I would be. But He needed me here, and I needed to be here. My Spanish probably won't be as great as those who do spend 6 weeks in the Peru CCM, but I have faith that the language will come eventually. I already know so much!!! I can understand pretty much everything that my American teachers say in Spanish now. If it's a Latino speaking to me though, I'm kind of lost. So the next month or so will be quite the adventure.

Thank you so much for all of the Christmas presents! I haven't opened them yet, but I am looking forward to having a fun Christmas morning tomorrow. We're going to have a talent show/a firesire/a devotional, so I'm pretty excited for that. I'll let you know how it goes! This Christmas will be a different one, but I think it can be one of the best Christmas's that we have. Remember the Savior. He's the whole reason we celebrate this time. Without Him, I know I would be lost. I know that this Gospel is true. Have a wonderful Christmas!!
Love,
Hermana Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment