Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Jamie's Letter March 26, 2012

Hey yall! (I'll pull an Elder Cameron Williams there!) Sounds like life at home is pretty busy! I had no idea they even made a hunger games movie! That'll be cool to see-add it to my trunky list! Mwahaha!!

Well, here I am, at the beginning of the end of my mission! The Lord heard my prayers and he gave me a Latina companion to finish my mission!! My companion is Hermana Rocha, and she's from Uruguay! (I showed her a picture of Taylor from Emily and Taylors wedding, and she says she recognizes him! Like I think he served in a branch in her stake/district. Anywho, that's cool.) My Spanish has definitely improved even more over the past week, which makes me happy. I want to talk to you guys in Spanish, thinking that I'm talking in English! She's really good, and we get along pretty well. I have been very blessed to have good companions. She's shorter than I am, and a little "gordita" (it's okay to say that in Spanish, don't worry) which is nice, because I think I'm gonna be able to leave some of my clothes with her. She's also really good at just talking to random people, which has been one of my weaknesses for all of my mission.

I've been thinking some about money, and the future. Really, at this point, I know what I feel like I need to do, but I really have no idea how I'm going to do it. Sometimes I think I'm kind of crazy (locura, in Spanish), but as I was flipping through the scriptures, I came across my favorite scripture, Alma 37:6-7, which says, "you may think this is foolishness (but in Spanish, it uses the word locura, which was exactly what I was thinking!) in me...but by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. I feel like more than ever I just need to trust in the Lord, that as long as I am doing what I feel is right, He will help me. For example, I just barely clicked to submit an application for another scholarship at BYU-in the education department. Maybe the Lord will bless me to be able to get another half scholarship. That would be so nice. Then I wouldn't have to pay any tuition! But we'll see!

That's too bad about Uncle Mike and their family. That's gotta be rough. At least they have Jordan at home with them now. They'll definitely be in my prayers, as well as Sean. Let me know how he's doing.

This week has been intersting, as usual. This week we had our fast/testimony meeting. It's my last fast Sunday in the mission. Next fast sunday I'll be home. Weird? Very muchly so. It was mostly spiritual, only with a little bit of apostasy, but it came from children, so it was cute more than anything... a little 10 year old girl said "I know Joseph Smith died for us, and that the Catholic books are true." It makes more sense in Spanish why she said the thing about the Catholic books. I'll explain it when I get home. Although I did take the chance to bear my testimony, which always strengthens it. We also had a menos activa come to church yesterday for the first time in who knows how long. We've been visiting her pretty often, and she finally came! It made me so happy to be able to see her there!

Can you believe that it's almost time for General Conference!? I feel like it has come SO fast! I always love this time, because I can teach people about prophets, and then tell them that "hey! We're actually gonna get to listen to our prophet soon! Why don't you come listen?!" There are also rumors floating around that there will be a session or two in English for the American missionaries. But at this point, it doesn't really matter to me. I'm fine listening in Spanish or in English, especially if we have investigators with us. I think I will be able to find answers in this general conference, like always. It really is just a spiritual feast! And this time, I won't have to wait 3 months to get the English conference ensign! It should be coming out just a little bit after i get home!

We're still working with our investigators, trying to help them progress. We're also trying to help the ward progress. I told them that my goal is that they have a nursury by the time I leave. We'll see if that works or not. It can be frustrating at times, but it just makes me so appreciative of the people back home that actually do their callings. So go and thank the nursury leaders in our ward for me this week, okay?

Oh-and tell Erin that I've become a pro at managing my time, and that I will definitely be able to find time to talk to her, and that I love her, and then also tell Ilarene that I'm still super excited for her, and that I love her too. And all of my friends. Tell them that I love them, okay? Because I do. And I love my family too. You guys seriously are the best. I am SO incredibly blessed to have your support. Really, it helps me so much!

Well, I think I have to call this an email. But know that I know that this is the truth, and there is nothing else that makes me so happy!!
Love,
hermana Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment