Monday, April 16, 2012

Jamie's Letter April 15, 2012

Hey mom. And dad. And everyone else that I love :D
So this week has been better. I still have struggled, but I think part of it is like the ultimate trials and stuff before I go home. Thank you for your prayers. I still need them. I actually don't know how we found Pantera and Blanca. Hna Captain and Hna Machuca found them somehow, and taught and baptized Pantera's other 2 daughters, Lady and Luisa the saturday before I got there. But I have seen them change, become happier since I have started teaching them. My companion has been helping me out a lot too to be more optimistic. Really, I've just felt super overwhelmed. I am feeling better though. We did find out that Pantera and Blanca aren't a couple, which was something that has been bugging us for a while...we've been fighting with the ward if they were or weren't a couple. Blanca has a baptismal date for this Saturday, but I don't know if she feels ready or not. We'll try to keep helping her, and hopefully I can see one baptism before I leave Jaèn. If not, I'll still leave with the satifaction of knowing that I helped people come to a knowledge of the truth.
We taught Sunday School yesterday in church. We talked about revelation. Honestly, I feel that sometimes the members are stuck in a routine. It was good for me too. Just that sometimes, like in Sunday School, some people start arguing about doctrine (in this case it was if the Lord would send someone else to tell the prophet that he was wrong, and that he needed to be better...don't think so). Oh, question, so I know we make a covenant when we are baptized, but do we make specific covenants when we receive the gift of the holy ghost? I haven't read anything specific, but the bishop was talking about that the other day.
Congrats to Julie and Joanie! So many babies! That's exciting though :) Sounds like you're doing good at getting life all figured out for me. Thanks for doing that! I'm excited to be able to start classes and stuff again. PSYCH!!! That'll be fun to watch again :) So, just in case you wanted to know, I want Cafe Rio when I get back. Everyone is asking me what I'm gonna do when I first get back. I tell them that I'm going to eat a pork burrito or a pork salad. They then laugh at me, because for them, burritos are little donkeys. Anywho, let me know next week what more or less your plans are then for the 1st of May. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good. I'm gonna keep on working hard, I'm praying for all of you too. Even though it is hard, I love being a missionary. It has been an incredible experience to share the Gospel with so many people, even when they don't understand and don't change, because I have changed. Thank you for all of your love and support. I love you all so much!
Love,
Hermana Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment