Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Small and Simple Things

I still have tiny little habits from the mission I don't think I've gotten rid of yet.  For example, yesterday I used my big red backpack that I used on my mission.  Oftentimes I would just sling it over my right shoulder, and then when I got tired, I would put it around my left arm, carrying as a backpack should be carried.  While I was on my mission though, when I would do that, the backpack strap would always get put over my name tag.  So I just got used to adjusting my name tag so people could see that I was actually "Hermana Williams" and not just "Hermana Willi."

So yesterday, as I put my backpack on, without thinking, I went to adjust my name tag.  But it wasn't there!  And then I remembered that I don't wear a missionary name tag anymore.  Sad day!

Even though it's been almost 2 months since I've been home, I still have little habits.  They make me miss my mission.  I miss Peru.  I miss Spanish.  I miss all of my wonderful friends.  But one day I'll see them again.  And it will be maravilloso.

No comments:

Post a Comment