Monday, June 20, 2011

Jamie's Letter June 20, 2011

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DADDY!!!! :) TE AMO MUCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
So yesterday we had our Stake Conference here in Pomalca. President and Hna Chipman were there, and they spoke. It was really good afterwards, I had a conversation with Pres. It went something like this:
(Pdte was talking to 2 Elders in my zone)
Pdte:Hna Williams, come here.
Me: Okay...
Pdte: No, closer.
Me: Okay... (So I moved in a little bit closer to form a nice little square with these elders and pdte)
Pdte: Now Hna Williams, you need to get to know the investigators in Tumàn really well.
Me: Okay... (confused).
Pdte: In other words, your new area is Tumàn.
Me: Okay... (Shock in my mind, and I almost start to cry).
Pdte: So take advantage of this opportunity, go with the elders and your companions, to get to know the ward mission leader and everything of Tuman.

What?!? I didn't want to leave!!! I wanted to stay in La Cria!!! But...I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord. This isn't the end of the story though. A little bit later:
(My comps and I were talking to Hna and Pdte Chipman)
Me: So, how exactly is all this going to work?
Pdte: Well, Hna Williams, you need to go to Piura to get your companion.
Me: What?
Hna Chipman: Oh Really?
Pdte: Yeah, so you'll leave tues to go to Piura.

Little side note-only those that are training new missionaries go to Piura from Chiclayo to get their companions. I'm going to be training a new missionary!! Just like Cameron!! My companions are staying here. I'm sad to leave La Cria, but I'm still in the same zone. So I'll still get to see them. I've really grown to love that ward. I didn't cry when I left Monsefu, and I was there for 4 1/2 months. And now I'm only here for 6 weeks, and I'm sad. :( It'll be a good experience though to train a new missionary. So much of who I am as a missionary is thanks to Hna Lopez (who is going to be in Mision Piura!!!!! NO!!!!!!! :( ) She's also training again in this cambio. It'll be fun to train at the same time. I just have to have faith that the Lord will help me to do what I need to do.

One reason I'm sad to leave is because of this amazing investigator that we found in this week. Her name is Lucero. She's 16, but she seems more like she's 20. She has plans to get married. But she's so interested in the church. She's seen us walking around, and she's wanted to ask us why we seem so "pure." And we knocked on her door, and...it was perfect! She told me that she felt like she knew me before. And I felt that way too! And now I'm leaving... maybe one day I'll return. I'll just have to trust my companions to help her get married and then be baptized.

This cambio really has been good. I've felt the Lord preparing me, helping my companions. Really, I spent this cambio helping Hna Cruz learn how to be the senior companion, even though I've never been senior companion. Hna Lopez taught me well. I asked for a blessing last Wednesday from my zone leaders. It just strengthen my testimony of the power of the priesthood. It wasn't like anything was horribly wrong, but it has given me the extra strength that I have needed for this week. Things will be hard, but the Lord will be here to protect me.

And then with all the music-really, I haven't played the piano this much in all of my mission, than I have in this cambio. And I love it. Tuman doesn't have a chapel though, much less a piano. I guess we meet in a house. But it's a ward. I'm not exactly sure. I guess I'll find out soon though. I leave early tomorrow morning to go to Piura. I'm in the process of packing up my stuff. It's...a process. But I have 2 wonderful companions helping me.

Well, I think this is this week's letter. I love you all so much. I think about you often, but I also am concentrated on the work-no worries :) I know that this Gospel is true, with all of my heart, and that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I love Him so much.
Love,
Hna Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment