Saturday, July 16, 2011

Jamie's Letter July 11, 2011

Hey all of my wonderful family that won't read this until Friday except dad because he's home alone with internet access!!!

How are you? I'm doing well. Things here in Peru are "chevre" (it basically means cool) as always. This week has been very interesting. I've had my ups and my downs, like any other week. We've got a good number of people with whom we are working towards baptism. It's a good experience. We have our one hermana, Mariela. I think I talked a little about her last week. We taught her about the law of chastity, and it was actually a really powerful lesson. She told us if she could go back and change things, she would, but we can't do that! We also invited her to be interviewed for baptism (even though we knew she wouldn't pass). In this regard though, she'll be able to start putting goals to live the law of chastity. Our district leader, Eld Cahuaza interviewed her Saturday, and he helped her out a lot. We're going to keep working with her, and hopefully we can help her get to the point where she can be baptized. She wants to make this change in her life, and it's so rewarding to see. It hurts, sometimes, but it's something so worth it.

This week, for me, has been kind of rough. We keep working hard, and at the end of the day we're exhausted, but it doesn't really reflect in our numbers. I've really been wondering if I'm doing all that I need to be. I'm trying to learn to listen to the Spirit. The thoughts that randomly come to my head. Because now I'm the one that makes the decisions, and I need to rely on the Spirit more than ever. But I've been really doubting if I'm really doing all that I can. In my prayers, I've been asking if the Lord is pleased with my work, and I got my answer. Yesterday, we went to church, like normal. During the sacrmaent, though, I was able to feel the spirit so strongly. As I took the sacrament, I had the thought come to my mind "You are my daughter, and I love you. And I am pleased with the work you are doing." And it was such a feeling of peace, and serenity. It was just amazing. And the tears came. Like Laura and Mom and Grandma Williams. In these past 2-3 weeks of training, I have definitely learned how to listen to the spirit better. I'm still not perfect. I still have a bajillion things to make better. But I'm starting. Yeah, our numbers might not be where I would like, but looking at my investigators that we do have, seeing their desires to change, it's wonderful.

I'm attaching the pictures with email because the computers being a little stupid. Oh well. This is my district. Today we got together and cooked some sort of Argentine food (one of the elders, Eld Fabri, is from Argentina) and I made cookies again :) We then played some Uno afterwards. It wasn't as intense as Harry Potter Uno, but it was still pretty good since I haven't played for 8 months. I have a really good district. Well, all of my districts are good, but I like this district. One of the pictures is just our district, and the other is us in with the Stake Pres and his wife.

Have so much fun at girls camp this week! I can't believe Emily is going to girls camp. What is that? Well, Dad, don't have too much fun alone without anyone. :) Next week you all are gonna be at the cabin, right? Send my love to EVERYONE!!!!!!

I know the Gospel is true. Isn't that amazing? And I know that sometimes, it's hard. But it's still so good to see how the Lord blesses our lives when we put him first. I have such a strong testimony of this. I love you all so much!
Love,
Hna Williams
- Show quoted text -

No comments:

Post a Comment