Monday, September 19, 2011

Jamie's Letter Sept 19, 2011

Hello all-

Well, in spite of all the not-so-good news, I have some good news-We had a baptism yesterday!!! It was a really special experience. This young woman, Delsa, has waited for permission so long to be baptized! And we finally got it last Saturday! It was a such a beautiful experience. There were obstacles (there always are when we go to baptize). The font was filled with maybe a foot and a half of water, and afterwards there just wasn't water. (After the young man, Franco, said the prayer, she sat down in the water, and he baptized her. She was completely submurged, so it worked!) I figured also that this could be my birthday present to Grandma Williams :) Happy Birthday Grandma! After the baptism, she was just SO happy. She was glowing. And her mom came with her too. I'm pretty sure it was the first time that here mom has stepped foot inside one of our churches. I have hope for her...in the distant future. Her mom still has a lot to leave behind. But it was a good experience! We baptized her after a regional conference. It was a broadcast video conference to all of the stakes in Peru! Pres Gonzalez, of the 70 spoke, along with Sis Beck, Eld Christofferson, and Pres Monson. Everyone, except Pres Monson, gave their talks in Spanish. I didn't know Eld Christofferson could speak Spanish, but he does so pretty well! They talked about the importance of family home evening, family prayer, and family scripture study in the home. It was so good! So many people here need to do these things, but becuase they are so simple, they just don't. And it's frustrating, to know that they could be doing better, but for small and simple reasons, they aren't doing what they need to do! Well, I guess that's one of the reasons why we're here though. To encourage them :)

We also had our zone conference on Thursday. It was really good. We talked about how we can improve our contacts in the street, and how to begin teaching better. We also watched the devotional that Eld Holland gave in the MTC the tuesday after I left/the tuesday before Cameron entered the MTC. It was really good. I love listening to him talk, becuase he just has so much power and authority behind his words.

Well, with all of the crazy things happening back at home, all I can say is you have to keep pressing forward (Seguir adelante). With a firm hope in Christ. I love 2 Nephi 31:20. It's amazing. And Ether 12:4. And I could give you a list of a bunch more scriptures that I just love.

Well, I know this isn't a super long email. But I want you to know that I love you so much. Thank you for all of your love and support for me. I really don't know what I would do without the gospel in my life, and for that, I'm here now :) Keep moving forward :)

Love, Hna Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment