Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Jamie's Letter Feb 6, 2012

Hello my dear family!
So Brenda is doing great!! Highlight of yesterday-she got up in Sacrament Meeting to bear her testimony! Wow! It was simple, but she pulled a Williams and couldn't hold the tears in. It's just been so amazing to see how she has come to love the Gospel and the Lord so much. And she wants other people to find what she has found. She brought one of her neighbors to church yesterday. It was great! And she wants me to get in touch with her mom and her kids when she gets back. I just said goodbye to her today, but I'll see her again when she comes to the states, and I'll be able to talk to her more continuously when I'm home too. She has 6 kids. 5 of them are in Cali. Her oldest is 30, then I think her other 4 are 22, 20, 18 and 16...? They're teenagers/young adults. She talks to them more on facebook and stuff. But it's so cool to see how much she wants her family to find the same joy in the Gospel that she did.

I did take pictures of my Christmas after Christmas. I just didn't send them to you, because I had a bunch of baptismal pics. Speaking of baptismal pics-we had 2 baptisms on Saturday! Vicki, Brenda's daughter, who is 9, got baptized, along with the older brother of our other recent convert, Josue. His name is Juan Jose. He's about 20 and has been coming to church for forever, but randomly, last sunday, he told us he was going to be baptized! Wow! I didn't see that one coming! So we helped to get him ready for his baptism. it was such a cool experience to see them get baptized! I felt like it was kind of a culmination of all of my time here, because, well, I'm being transferred! I sorta saw that one coming, but the past couple of days I thought I'd stay. Oh well. So tomorrow I'll find out where I'm going to die! Mwahahaha! No, just in mission terms. Where my last area is going to be. Whoa! It's so weird to think about just how much time has passed.

I thought Chasey might get baptized on Saturday! That's so cool! I remembered it was her birthday, and I thought, holy cow, that girl is 8! That means she'll probably be baptized! That's actually really cool, baptism. I love it. Baptisms sometimes stress me out, (coordinating everything) but just knowing that what we do really does save lives...wow. I cannot believe it. I feel so incredibly blessed to be a part of this great and marvelous work. The Lord has blessed me more than I can even count, ways that I don't even know. But what I do know is that he loves me, and he loves all of his children, and he wants them to be happy.

The shirt and the skirt fit well. The skirt is kind of big, and kind of long, and in Peru, right now long and hot do not go well together. So I turned it into a dress! Hna Case let me borrow one of her black cardigans, and I put a black belt that hna westman gave me around it, and it actually looks pretty darn cute! And I love the shirt too! So you should look into if I can get a pell grant. Because that would be amazing to not have to pay for school. Have you gotten any emails from BYU about me registering for classes? I think they'll tell you exactly what classes I need to take, but I'm not sure if you'll do it or if I'll see about doing it here in Peru.

So I'm also hoping that I'll get to see Hna Machuca tomorrow too. I haven't seen her for SO long and I really want to see her again. Really, you guys just have to know everyone from my mission. I'm not sure how, but you have to know how amazing my companions, my friends, and everyone are! I'm not sure how we'll work that out, but I'm sure one day I'll make it work. :)

Well, I think I'm gonna have to call this another letter. You won't be getting too many more of these from me. Weird. But know that I love you tons, that I'm so grateful for your support and for your testimonies. They strengthen mine so much. Keep doing what you know is right!

Love,
Hermana Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment