Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Jamie's Letter Jan 30, 2012

Hello my dear family!! I'm not quite sure why it took so long. I think the people that they send the packages too at first changed some sort of form...basically I think I'll be good on stuff from the states for the next 3 months. I really just needed the contact solution. The DVD was perfect! I'm excited to have it. And I'm definitely planning on leaving a lot of stuff here. It's so interesting to see how my perspective on stuff has changed since I came on my mission. I really have found that I can live with nothing. Well, almost nothing :) Missions do that to you.

That's awesome for Aunt JaNae!!!!!!! And I'm excited to be home for Kiki's wedding!!!!! Yupi!!!!! That'll be awesome! Other than that, well, it sounds like you all are doing well. OH, and I want an answer to Jordan's question too, about Grandpa's patriarchal blessing. I can't believe that it's been a year since he passed away. I don't think I have really felt it yet, and I probably won't until I get back. But I'll worry about that when I get back.

So I'm sorry I'm on later tonight. We went to Chiclayo today to have a p-day for hermanas. We got to see almost all of the hermanas in the mission, except the hermanas that are in Jaen (Hna Machuca) and Cajamarca (Hna Westman). It was fun though. Anywho, we just got back so we just entered internet to write you all. I'm sorry I missed chatting with you mom.

However, even though I'm writing later, I do have to say that this has been one of the most best/hardest weeks ever. So...drumroll......BRENDA GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my word!!! I cannot even explain the joy that I had, to see her entered into the waters of baptism, and just throw everything wrong that she's ever done in her life down the drain. Really, it went down the drain. I wasn't quite sure if everything would work out, but it did. The Lord really is amazing. She chose to be baptized on Tuesday morning, the 24th. Normally we have our meetings as missionaries on tuesday mornings, so the whole zone came out to support her, which was amazing. And after the baptism, she just looked so happy. We went and visited her on Thursday, and she looked different. There was just something in her eyes. It was small moments like that that make this all worth it. And it gives me strength to keep on going. Because sometimes I feel like not going on. It just is hard sometimes. My companion and I have both felt it. But I've found strength in stuff like the Sacrament, really reading the book of mormon...it's amazing. I was thinking about how blessed I have been to be able to participate in the work of the Lord. So even when life is tough, you just gotta keep going.

Well, this is the last week of the changes. Next week we'll find out if I'm staying or going. I think I'd almost rather leave, because I'm down to 2 tranfers, and I'd rather spend more time in my last area I think. But whatever the Lord thinks is best, I'll do. I've kind of figured that out on the mission, that the Lord knows what he's doing, he knows what is best for everyone, everyone that we need to meet and know and every experience is for our good.

Well, my computer tells me that I only have 3 minutes left...but I want you to know how much I do love you all, and how much I pray for you. I have been so blessed to just feel an outpouring of love for all of everyone back at home, and for all of the people here. The gospel really does have power to change lives! I love it!! And I love you all!
Hermana Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment