Monday, January 23, 2012

Jamie's Letter Jan 23, 2012

Hello!
I finally got your packages!!! Except lame customs had opened some of my presents!! But I think everything was there! I'm pretty sure they opened the scotch mints too, because they were all over the box they were in. I'm glad to for the contact solution! It made me happy. And pretty much everything too. I'm sharing all the candy and everything with everyone so I don't get fat. Hahaha! No, but we made brownies today as a zone. They didn't turn out quite how I wanted, but hey, when you're in Peru you can't be super picky. I really liked the card game quelf that you sent. It looks fun. I laughed even more at the part on the box that says "knowledge of english require." I thought you might have forgotten that I went to Peru, where everyone pretty much speaks Spanish. :) But I brought it to show people, and one of my zl's, Eld Burton really liked the idea of the game, and said it would be super fun to play...with gringos :) But we played other games too. The presents that are still wrapped I'm gonna open on Wed, and have a month-after christmas with the tiny christmas tree that's awesome!

Well, this week really has been one of the most emotionally draining weeks of my mission. My companion is great, but she's really been struggling with some things, and I've been trying to help her, but I don't really know how sometimes, and I don't know if what I'm doing is what I need to do....I know it's kind of vague, but it has been hard. She got sick too on thursday night. She had a temp of 102.2. Yeah, that kind of freaked us out. And she passed out in the morning. So basically we stayed in our apt all day friday, and saturday. I got a lot of good scripture reading in. Funny scripture of the week that talks about stormtroopers and the empire: Psalms 83:10 :) Enjoy it. She's feeling better now though. At least physically. I'm trying to help her out the best I can emotionally too. Missions are hard man. And I'm experiencing that first hand.

But even though we have our trials, we still see our miracles. Like remember Brenda? We visited her last week, and she put her own date to be baptized. And she chose to be baptized tomorrow. She had her interview yesterday in English with Elder Burton, which was weird for him. It's so weird to teach in English. And there have been so many obstacles in her way, but it's been so amazing to me to see how the gospel of Jesus Christ can change people. I think one of the reasons I came on a mission was to gain a testimony of missionary work. And I have a much stronger testimony of it now. But she's just so amazing. I want you to meet her one day, and I actually have hope that you can, as she is from the states (more or less) but that she hopes to go back to the states. But it's been good. Satan has been throwing everything he's got at her. I hate him. Just in case you were wondering. But I love how I'm on the team that's gonna win. And I know who's gonna win. It's such a fight. I have never fought so hard for someone before in my life. But the Lord has given me strength when I need it, and man have I needed it. So hopefully I'll have some awesome pictures to send you next week!


Well, I love this work so much. I can't even imagine how this is gonna influence the rest of my life, but I know that it will so much. My testimony, my knowledge of the scriptures, and my love for the people has just grown so much. I really do feel like Alma, in Alma 26, who would have thought the wonderful blessings that the Lord would pour out upon us, in giving us the opportunity to share the knowledge of the truth with the Lord's children. Or something like that, he says :) I am also so blessed to have an amazing family. I love you tons!! Keep doing what you know is right, and you'll be blessed :) Love you all!

Love,
Hermana Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment