Monday, January 9, 2012

Jamie's Letter Jan 9, 2012

Hello :) Um...well, Hna Case's dad's name is John. I can't remember what her mom's name is. I'll ask her. she says that she lives really close to the temple though, like 5 minutes away. I still have yet to get my packages. At this point I'm just kind of like if they come, they come. If not, well, less stuff to haul back to the states, right? It sounds like they've been having problems getting the packages or something. They really want people to send the envelopes. I told my zl that would have been nice to know about 4 months ago. He just smiled and nodded. I'll let you know when the miraculous event occurs and I get them.

Sounds like life is going good back there at home. I'm happy for dad and his new calling! That's awesome! I really can't believe though that all of those kids are in the 9-10 year old class. Everyone is gonna be so grown up. Odd. Well, for me, it has been such a weird couple of weeks. I've been feeling so odd. Really. But hey, we keep working, trying to find new people to teach the Gospel to. And we're doing well. We haven't be able to find Brenda still...it's been super hard to get ahold of her. I'm really hoping that we can find her this week, because I miss her!
That's so weird, that Cameron will hit a year on Thursday. I think it's still super weird to think of him on a mission. I think that's because I left before he did. I am excited to be able to talk to him though on Mother's Day, because I should probably be home for that! (I haven't heard anything official yet, but transfers are right before mother's day.) It's so interesting too to see the difference between our missions. It's so different, yet we're doing the same thing! Bringing the people to a knowledge of the gospel.

So can I just say how much I LOVE studying the scriputres in Spanish??? Because I LOVE it!!! Especially the bible! Honestly, when I was in Tuman, I almost didn't like the bible, because I didn't really know it, and the jehovahs witnesses would use it against us all the time. But now I'm really starting to get into the bible, espeically the new testament. It's hard to understand in Spanish, and in English, but when I study them both together, I understand it SO much better! I'm so glad that the Lord called me to serve in a Spanish speaking country, to Peru. The more I think about the time I have spent on my mission, the more I realize that it has truly changed my life. I know the gospel so much better than I did before. I love scriptures so much. Sometimes though I almost feel overwhelmed because I want to know it all, have it all in my head now! but I guess that's what I have the rest of my life for. And I'm definitely gonna keep studying in Spanish for the rest of my life too. And English. I really just do get a different perspective from the two languages. I understand it so much better.

Other than that, life goes on here as normal, finding people, talking to people, having people ask us tons of qustions, talking in Spanish...bascially this is my life now. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Sometimes it feels so hard to do, but when I remember that I am a part of something so much bigger than myself it gives me the encouragement I need to keep going on, to keep working. I know my Savior loves me, that He is just as aware of my imperfections as I am, but He still loves me. And He blesses me when I try to do my best. Thank you for all of your prayers for me. Sometimes I forget that so many people are praying for me specifically and for the missionaries in the world. We need those prayers so much. But they help us out so much. This is a marvelous work and a wonder. That such weak people like us, 19 and 21 year olds are working for the salvations of souls! Wow! If the Church weren't true, we would've messed it up a long time ago :) But I love it. And I love you! Until next week!
Hermana Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment