Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Jamie's Letter Jan 16, 2012

Hey mom!
So last week was just weird. I think Satan really tries to get us down, because he knows that we're doing an amazing work, and I think I was feeling that last week. I was just kind of feeling that I write the same thing each week, and that you must be tired of reading the same thing every week for more than a year now. But Now I'm better. Anywho. I read the email from Cynthia and Brian. That's so scary! I'm glad everyone is okay though. And that's awesome for Tanin! I'll be there for about 2 weeks before he goes in, so I'll probably be super jealous that he gets to go be a misionary! And you didn't tell me that Tami had her baby! Boy? Girl? I don't even know!

My favorite scripture...well, I definitely have a couple now. I really love Alma 7:11-13 (those are greate Atonement scriputres) and 14-15 are good baptism scriptures. I also love Alma 26, Alma 29, where it talks about the success of his brethern, Oh! I found a cool scripture in 1 Thelsesonsians (however you spell it in English!) 2:17 and 3:10. I'm discovering the bible too. It's awesome! Basically the scriptures are just amazing!

This week has been good. We've found some really awesome people this week, and hopefully they'll progress. We also went back and found Brenda finally. She'd been gone for like 2 weeks, and had a horrible sunburn. I think she even got sunburnt on her lips. So she wasn't feeling too great, but she was happy that we came. We're gonna visit her again tomorrow, and she said she still wants to be baptized. We just have to keep working with her. Yay for miracles though!

As I've been pondering over the time that I have spent here in the mission, I've realized just how incredible this time has been, how much I've grown and learned. I've learned that I've really got to just trust in the Lord, and that He will bless me in everything. It seems so simple, but still so hard at the same time, because there is always that temptation there to keep part of you to yourself. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's been such a wonderful lesson to me. I'm working harder to be a better companion, a better missionary, a better friend...everything! And the mission is making me what I need to be. I'm seeing that even better now, and I love it, even though it definitely is the hardest thing I've ever done.

Well, Isn't it wonderful that we know that the gospel is true! I love it!
Hermana Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment