Saturday, November 27, 2010

Jamie's Letter November 26th, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

So the past couple of days have been really interesting ones, but they still have been good. On Monday, the travel office called Hna Demke down to tell her that she had her visa. That implied that I didn't, so we asked, and of course, since I'm still in Provo, I didn't have it. They told me to plan on not going to Peru, but that it might come in on Tuesday. So we went and checked on Tuesday, and it still wasn't in. That's when I got to call home. I'm not sure how long our conversation ended up being, but it was definitely more than 5 minutes. I guess your cell phone isn't long distance, (but they thought that it was) and so the lady ended up turning the phone off. So, I love you. That's what I about to say before the phone clicked off Mom. I just wanted you to know that.

So early Wednesday morning, we woke up and got Hnas Demke, Reid, and Flores all ready to go to the Peru MTC. We had 3 of the elders from our district get up and help take their luggage to the travel office/bus. I thought that was really nice of them. Cameron-if that happens to you, (where the sisters in your district leave before you do) you better get up and help them (yes, even if it is only -5 degrees outside and it is 5:45 in the morning). That's one thing that I love about the MTC, is how (most) of the elders really do respect the sisters. Anywho, sorry for that tangent. After saying goodbye to them, I become a trio with Hna Morlock and Hna Nielson. They're both supposed to go to Bolivia, and they'll go to the Peru MTC if there is room. I had to move all of my stuff into the next room (because Hna Demke and I had a room to ourselves). It's been good though. Our district does feel smaller, but I think it does make it easier for us to bond.

Thanksgiving was really good. We had a morning devotional where Elder Holland and his family came. His grandchildren sang "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" and it was so tender. He spoke to us and told us that he didn't want anyone homesick on Thanksgiving and that his family was our family today. It was so amazing. We then got the traditional Thanksgiving dinner (which didn't match up at all with the amazingness of Thanksgiving at home, but that's okay!) Later we had the chance to participate in a humanitarian service project, putting together kits to make backpacks for children who don't have the ability to buy their own school supplies. All together we put together 33,400 backpack kits. It was really cool. We then had another fireside in the evening where a few missionaries got the opportunity to talk about what they were thankful for. I thought a lot about the things in my life that I am thankful for. I am definitely thankful for the big things in my life, like my family and this gospel. Those are the 2 most important things in my life. I would be a compeltely different person if it weren't for those 2 things. I didn't get homesick really. Probably because it didn't feel like Thanksgiving, so even though I knew it was, I didn't miss it. I'm glad that I got to experience Thanksgiving in the MTC


Anywho, as far as my visa goes, I still don't know when it'll come. The travel office is closed today, so I'll stop by on Monday and see if they have any news. I decided that I am going to be happy with wherever I am. If the Lord wants me here in Provo, I am more than happy to stay. I have an awesome district, and my companions are really good. When the Lord wants me to go to Peru, I will be more than happy to go there too. I know that my Spanish is get so much better, and it'll be a good experience. I really am ready to be wherever the Lord wants me to be.

I loved the Thanksgiving pictures! I do love you guys so much, and even though I wasn't there, I could still feel of your love for me. I decided to go ahead and open my presents and I love them!!! The jewelry holder was awesome! Everyone that's seen it has thought it was really cool. I'll have to take a picture and send it to you! And I love the MP3 player too! I haven't used it yet, but I'm excited to get out to the field and to be able to listen to music once more! I think the dear elder letters are delivered Monday-Friday. I get them after dinner. I think if you get them in before noon I'll get them later that day. I don't really know much about what will happen when I fly out. I'll talk to the travel office on Monday and find out. Hopefully my visa will come sometime next week and I'll be able to call you and let you know rather than waiting until next Friday to email you.

So I've gotten the chance to play the piano in Sacrament meeting a couple of times, and the people in my zone (branch) have told me how much they love it. They are always so sweet and telling how many lives I am going to touch through my music. I so hope that that is true. It has been such a powerful influence in my life, and I hope that I can touch the lives of other people through it.

Well, it's time for me to be done again. I love this Gospel. I love the chance that I get to be a missionary. The Lord is trusting me to teach His Gospel to the people in Peru, and I love it! I know that the church is true, and that we are blessed when we are obedient. I love you all!

Hermana Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment