Monday, October 17, 2011

Jamie's Letter Oct 17, 2011

Hi :)
Well, here I am, another Monday in the wonderful life of a missionary here in Peru. Um...answers...Oh yeah. So my zone leader told me that 2 packages came in Chiclayo for me, but I have to sign a paper now giving the elder in the office complete control of my documents to be able to pick them up, and then he'll send them here to Chepen, where my ZLs are, and then they'll give them to me. I imagine that it'll still be like...another week or two before I get the packages now. I did get the letter from girls camp, finally, the last P-Day I had in Pomalca (I think the zone leaders finally "remembered" to give us our mail, because I was leaving...). I didn't have a whole lot of time to read it then, but I have read it since, and I love it :) And I also got your birthday card last week. And you want to start knowing about classes I need to take and where I want to live??? Um...I'm just gonna live here in Peru, k? No, um, maybe you could talk to Ilarene and Erin and see if they could help you. I trust y'alls judgment. Just as long as I can have a warm shower, without having to worry about electrocuting myself, I think I'll be good. Anything will be better than here :) I would like a place a little more south west of campus, since I think most of my classes will be in the mckay building. And preferrably not a place where a whole bunch of freshmen go right after their freshman year...but yeah. I trust you guys.

Wow. It sounds likes things are going...well, at home? I'm not really worrying a whole lot about how things are right now. I'm not sure if that's a super good thing, (like maybe I'm in denial) but I don't think so. I think the Lord is really blessing me to not worry too much about things. I told Hna Westman about everything that our family had gone through (from grandpa passing away in Jan, Aunt JaNae's cancer, your cancer, Cameron's lovely little car wreck, even Abu dying...) but even though all of these things have happened, I really am not worried about our family. I know the Lord is taking care of us.

Well this week has been good. We've been working more on getting to know the people in the ward, and also the less active people. When we visit less active members, it really is such a good way to do missionary work. We can help them come back to church, and they almost always have family members that aren't members. Right now we have a family that is coming back to church. They came yesterday for the third week in a row, and they have a little 9 year old girl that hasn't been baptized (the mom is named Jemmy (pronounced-Jamie) and the dad is Jimmy). We asked her if she would like to be baptized. Right now her baptismal date is for Oct 29 :) Awesome, no?

It's been good to be with Hna Westman. She's helped to remind me of a lot of things that I learned in the MTC. And I can relate to the language problem, although she is doing so much better than I was in my second week. We've really been trying to focus on listening more to the Spirit, and teaching to the needs of our investigators. It's really cool to listen to the Spirit :) I feel like I'm still learning how to do that, but I'm certainly a whole lot better than I was...like a year ago.

I'm also working on memorizing "El Cristo Viviente." Let me tell you that it is so cool! I've learned that I really do love memorizing scriptures, because it's so easy to use in lessons, even when we contact people in the streets. And I can always feel the Spirit when I'm thinking about the words I've memorized. I don't think it'll be too hard to learn it in English!

Well, I gotta go! I love you!
Hna Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment