Monday, December 5, 2011

Jamie's Letter Dec 5, 2011

Well, this will probably be a shorter letter than usual. But that's what happens when you get to chat with me, so I'm sure you're not gonna be too disappointed :)

This week has been good. We have a lot of different investigators, many that can progress, and are progressing...but slowly. It's kind of frustrating sometimes, but I know that we are doing our part. They all have desires to keep learning about the gospel. It's just hard to find them sometimes. And then when we do find them, they haven't kept their commitments...it's hard. But we keep on working, because that's all we can do. We also have an awesome plan to try and help out the members here. The members here are really strong in the Gospel, and this really is the strongest area I've served in as far as people that come to church, that hold the priesthood and everything. We just need to help them help us, to see this as more of one work, rather than the missionaries have their job, and we live our lives. But we're gonna start teaching the members about the restoration in this week, and helping them to know how they can share the gospel with others now.

Remember the guy I told you about a couple weeks ago that called out to us when he was drinking with his friends? His name is Juan and we're teaching him now. He really does have a desire to learn about the Gospel, and it's cool to see him learn. The other night we talked about how we lived with God before we came to earth, that he is the father of our spirits. He said he had never heard that before, but he liked it. We've invited him to be baptized and he says he will be if he knows it is true. And he is praying to know the truth. He just expects a dream, which actually does happen a lot here. I don't know how the Lord will answer him, but I know he will.

So I've been reading the Book of Mormon again, but this time in Spanish. Right now, I'm still in 1 Nefi, but it's really interesting to see how many times Nephi tells his brothers to be diligent. Such an intersting thought, to be diligent in keeping the commandments. Anywho, that was just something cool that I've been thinking about. Basically I just love the Book of Mormon! It's amazing! It really does have such power to change lives. It's definitely changed my life.

I also think it's kind of funny your story about visiting teaching. It's kind of like missionary work, just to active people! And how many times do I make appointments, but then we get there, and the people have forgotten, or they're busy. It happens, I feel, like at least once a day. But then you do have those tender moments with people, and you just feel how much the lord loves us! Isn't it wonderful? I am kind of excited to be a visiting teacher again when I get back. Because that's what I'm doing pretty much full time here. It's also cool to see how the Lord answers prayers. There have been various times when I have prayed to have the energy to teach, and I've had it! It's been great! I love being a missionary, even though it's so hard sometimes. The blessings are amazing!

Well, it looks like the computer is gonna kick me off. But I know that the church is true and I love you all so so so so so much!
Hermana WIlliams
Didn't you just love the dvotional last night? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment