Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Jamie's Letter Nov 7, 2011

Hello to the world :)

So I still haven't gotten the packages. I don't think that's very high on the priority list of the people in the office. I keep telling them it would be easier to just send me to Chiclayo to get them, but they think it's better that I stay here. Lame. Anywho, I just keep on waiting. One day I'll get them. Maybe. I would love an english copy too of the Ensign from Conference. Is it out yet? I haven't seen them here, but I think it takes a little while to get here. Requests for Christmas? I did have something, but I forgot what it was. If I remember I'll tell you. If not, well, I guess I won't get it. Funny how that works.

It sounds like you all have had a pretty fun week. It's weird to think that in just a little bit you'll be telling me all about thanskgiving, which is weird, becuase I feel like you've already told me about it (from last year). Halloween isn't really a big holiday here like it is in the states, but they're starting to pick it up. It was a pretty calm night for us.

Well, things are going pretty well with Brenda. She didn't come to church yesterday, which made us sad. But it was kinda cool to see how she is progressing. We visited her Saturday, and while we were there, she decided to just pick up the book of mormon and she said "well Lord, let's see what you want me to know" and she just randomly opened it and started reading (which is something I love doing!) Anywho, she opened up to 3 Nephi 7, and started to read the chapter heading. The first thing that it says is that "The Chief judge is murdered..." and I'm thinking...wow. How are we gonna explain that? But she just kept on reading. At the end of the ch heading, it says "many repent and are baptized." She then continued to read the first 3 verses outloud. Afterwards, she said that the only thing that stuck out to her was the "many repnt and are baptized." So she figured the Lord was trying to tell her she needed to be baptized! Sweet! She asked us about the requirements for baptism, and we started talking a little bit about that. I just love her. Her prayers are awesome too. She sometimes makes little jokes in her prayers, but not in a disrespectful way. She really just talks to the Lord like he's there, like he's one of her best friends. And she cries, and she laughs, and it just really helps me to understand a little bit better my relationship with the Lord. We just need to keep helping her to quit smoking. But I know the Lord can help her, and he is helping her.

That was kinda our week. Saturday night I got kinda sick. I think I had a 24 hour flu thing. Which meant I only went to Sacrament meeting, and then we went home and slept. Because I just felt horrible. Well, I slept. I think I ended up sleeping 5-6 hours during the day yesterday. But don't worry, I'm doing a lot better now! :) I just hated missing church!

But other than that, life is great! We keep working here, and the work goes on great! It's crazy to think that I only have a little bit of time left. Oh yes, I did get Robbie and Cammie's anouncement, and I love it! And I'm happy for Sean too!! That's cool. Stuff from Canada...well, I don't know that you can bring kinder eggs across the border :) But hey! Smarties are always good. And salt and vinegar chips. They're all good. Really anything you just wanna send me.

Well, I think I'm gonna call this a letter. I love you all so much tons! (Oh-tell Emily to keep reading the book of mormon too!) Becaue the book of mormon is awesome! It really does change your life. And if you know it's true, it will protect you! I know that's true!

Know that I love you!
Hna Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment